iPhone & iPad mobile app prototyping services
A mobile app prototype is basically a facade, perhaps with limited hardwired example functionality. I specialize in expediting and getting your prototype iOS app done quickly. We cut whatever corners are necessary.
App prototype software is usually disposable. When I build your iPhone app prototype, we’re not trying to build the foundation for the real mobile app software. I just build you something good enough to show to investors and the powers-that-be.
I do both Mac and iOS app prototyping.
App prototyping requirements:
- You must know what you want for me to build it. Write it down, preferably as a requirements document or full-blown spec — this will save time.
- If you want to clone program X, be prepared to pay for my time to go look at it.
When we get on the phone, I’ll want to know:
- What do you have?
- What do you want? (Pictures always help.)
- What is your budget?
- Approximately how many unique screens will your app prototype need? (This lets me estimate whether the budget fits what you want done.)
- List any third-party APIs that your prototype app will need. For instance, your iPhone app prototype will need an API to talk with a server, database, or website.
Recommended for faster app prototyping:
- Specify UI components from CocoaControls.com. Simply tell me, “I want a screen that looks like this. I want my popup alerts to look like that.” Cocoa Controls features over 3000 UI elements for iOS and OS X, all with screen shots. These provide known working off-the-shelf functionality for your app, which can greatly speed development.
- If you’re building a high-quality app prototype using best practices, I’ll need design documents. A wireframe is ideal. A requirements document will work; this can be an email with line items.
- Flowcharts are not necessary, but they help debug your logic and pin down your functional expectations, and catch navigational black holes. These can come before or after your wireframes.
Ready to take action on your software?